Wednesday, 1 February 2012

News: Strange Chemistry Open Door Fortnight!

I know there are a lot of you out there (like me) who are writers seeking publication. Well, if any of you out there are aspiring YA authors who focus on speculative fiction then I have some exciting news for you!

Strange Chemistry, the YA area of Angry Robot (a publishing house run by some of THE nicest people in the industry) are holding an open door fortnight from April 16th to April 30th. This means you'll have the opportunity to submit your manuscript directly through to Strange Chemistry without the need of an agent.

Seriously, this is a HUGE chance and I absolutely urge all of you to go for it - you have absolutely nothing to lose and, who knows, there could be a publishing deal in it for you. Plus, the very lovely Amanda Rutter (previously of Floor to Ceiling Books fame) is Strange Chemistry's head honcho, which I still find exciting.

Head over to the website for more information and to read up on how to enter your manuscript. Guys, I wish you all the luck in the world and don't be nervous, don't be shy - just go for it! I would absolutely go crazy for this opportunity, if Strange Chemistry accepted contemporary novels, that is!

4 comments:

  1. Just enough time to perfect the ms I'm editing right now! Thanks so much for mentioning this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to give it a go, are you? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're awesome - thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the fantastic mention *blushing a little* <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.