Saturday, 18 February 2012

Nineties Nostalgia: Roswell High

I had a lot of things on my to-do list last week. I was supposed to rewrite a few chapters of Reckless, do a lot of reading and sort out some review books to donate to the library. Oh, and eamils, but what's new?

Did I do anything at all on my to-do list? No. I didn't. My entire week was spent on this:


Seriously. Roswell High was THE TV show from my tween years. Jesus Christ, I can't even begin to explain how much I adored that show. Then after it finished it kind of dropped off my radar and I haven't thought about it in a few years. Then it waltzed back into my life and we are back on like we never, ever broke up.

Who remembers this? Just look at mini Katherine Heigl down there!


And this next moment, down there, well, this is the most iconic image from my childhood. Ever. In fact, I think it was the moment I developed my first ever crush:


I remember watching Roswell for the first time and proceeding to screech into school the next day, grab my friend by the collar of our dashing sailor dress style school uniform and bleat that she had to watch Roswell just to see the bit where 'he points'.

When Max Evans points, this is what happens to me:


I swoon. For reals. Even now, ten years later.

For the last seven days, this has been my life. And I'm totally cool with that.

8 comments:

  1. This is how I am with Veronica Mars. My middle school self fell in love with Logan Echols in a bad way. I think during this exchange;

    Vice Principal: Mr. Echols, may I have a word?
    Logan: Anthropamorphic

    Snotty, sexy, and smart. The complete package.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was a teenager me and my best friend used to refer to the day of the week that Roswell High and Buffy were on BBC 2 as "Good TV Day". I have dozens of diary entries referring to "Good TV Day" or "GTVD", and its sequel "GTVD2", which wasn't as good. I can't even remember off the top of my head what programmes were on GTVD2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh but I wish we could see more BBC programs here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was pregnant with my second child during the first (US) season of Roswell. Guess what his name is? That's right, Max. I tell everyone it's because of Where the Wild Things are because most people had never heard of Roswell. But, it's really because of Max Evans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have all three series on DVD! I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! This was my show in middle school and high school. Loved it. Until the end where things changed drastically. I didn't know what to do with it anymore. I think Brendan is still on one of those CSIs, though I don't really watch them. Katherine is everywhere of course. I recently saw a commercial for some show about prison that Jason is on and I kinda want to watch it just to see him. Hot as ever. I never see the others on tv anymore. I wish they would all come back doing tv and movies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWW! Now I really will have to pull out my DVDs and watch this show after the school run. You know, I get tingles every time I hear that bloody song by Dido because it reminds me of watching Roswell.

    We watch the Christmas episodes of Roswell every year in December. Is that sad? I don't care if it is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for share........

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.