Thursday, 31 May 2012

From the Review Pile (2) - Anna Dressed in Blood - Kendare Blake

Click the lovely graphic above to visit the brill Stepping Out of the Page

From Stepping Out of the Page: From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday. The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

2012 has been a busy year at Writing from the Tub in terms of review copies and a combination of focusing on my own writing and a lot of real life busy-ness has meant I haven’t been getting through new releases as quickly as I’d like. There are so many wonderful books on my shelves that I’ve been sent by publishers that are waiting to be read, so I’m looking forward to using From the Review Pile as a way to give them a bit of coverage and publicity while I’m working my way to them.
 
Anna Dressed in Blood - Kendare Blake  
 
 
I'm so excited for Anna Dressed in Blood. The cover's great, the synopsis is awesome and I've read some really brilliant reviews for it. I've heard it's genuinely scary and I'm always up for some horror so fingers crossed I'll love this one when I do get round to reading it.
 
Summary (from Goodreads): Just your average boy-meets-girl, girl-kills-people story...

Cas Lowood has inherited an unusual vocation: He kills the dead.

So did his father before him, until his gruesome murder by a ghost he sought to kill. Now, armed with his father’s mysterious and deadly athame, Cas travels the country with his kitchen-witch mother and their spirit-sniffing cat. Together they follow legends and local lore, trying to keep up with the murderous dead—keeping pesky things like the future and friends at bay.

When they arrive in a new town in search of a ghost the locals call Anna Dressed in Blood, Cas doesn’t expect anything outside of the ordinary: move, hunt, kill. What he finds instead is a girl entangled in curses and rage, a ghost like he’s never faced before. She still wears the dress she wore on the day of her brutal murder in 1958: once white, but now stained red and dripping blood. Since her death, Anna has killed any and every person who has dared to step into the deserted Victorian she used to call home.

And she, for whatever reason, spares his life.

2 comments:

  1. This was such an amazing novel =D I loved it. Good luck reading it XD

    Maura @ Monster of Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is on my wishlist! Can't wait to read it! The cover is beautiful and the story promises to be good. Hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.