Monday, 14 May 2012

New Blog Discoveries (1)


Happy Monday, folks. How are you all feeling? Tired, grumpy, confused as to where the hell the weekend went? Well, hopefully today’s post will cheer you all up and make your Monday morning a little more entertaining.

I’ve been meaning to write a post for a little while now about some great new blogs I’ve discovered over the last few weeks. I should clarify that these aren’t necessarily blogs that are new to the blogosphere, just new to me. I am one for living in a bit of a hole and missing out on things so I’m definitely a bit slow on the uptake when it comes to seeking out new blogs. That’s something I’ve been rectifying recently though so I wanted to share some of my favourite new discoveries:

ChooseYA: I'm a big fan of Lucy's lovely blog, which I have been reading for a few weeks now. It's not a particularly new blog (which has been up and running since October 2011) but for some reason I missed out until I discovered ChooseYA through the Insurgent UK campaign. 

I love the variety of different posts and that there's always something new and fun to read. Lucy's reviews are really well written and she looks at a great range of books, including lots of contemporary - YAY!

Marian Vere's Blog: I discovered this blog a couple of days ago after a retweet about writing the perfect synopsis and I have spent farrr too much time reading all the awesome writing tips. I started off reading this post, then this post (which I agree with SO hard, by the way) and then approximately a gazillion other posts that made me look at Reckless (the manuscript I'm currently working on) in so many new ways.

Any aspiring writers out there should absolutely check out Marian's blog - it is fantastically written and super helpful. Even though she's a women's fiction writer I found that so much of her advice can be applied to tonnes of different genres. Lovely stuff.

*

So there you have it, ChooseYA and Marian Vere's Blog are a couple of my favourite new discoveries in the world of blogging. How about you? What sites have you discovered lately?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thank you so much! *blush* Glad I was useful to someone! :D I am a women's fiction writer, true, but Julianna Scott is a YA writer and she's.. *ahem* a LOT like me. ;)

    Thanks again! I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.