Thursday, 28 June 2012

From the Review Pile (4) - 172 Hours on the Moon - Johan Harstad



Click the lovely graphic above to visit the brill Stepping Out of the Page

From Stepping Out of the Page: From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday. The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or anybook that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

2012 has been a busy year at Writing from the Tub in terms of review copies and a combination of focusing on my own writing and a lot of real life busy-ness has meant I haven’t been getting through new releases as quickly as I’d like. There are so many wonderful books on my shelves that I’ve been sent by publishers that are waiting to be read, so I’m looking forward to using From the Review Pile as a way to give them a bit of coverage and publicity while I’m working my way to them.
172 Hours on the Moon - Johan Harstad
I've been promised 172 Hours on the Moon is a creepy, atmospheric sci-fi novel, what's not to like? I watched Prometheus at the cinema a couple of weeks ago so I've been looking for a sci-fi book with a retro feel to read - I think this just might be it!


Summary (from Goodreads): It's been decades since anyone set foot on the moon. Now three ordinary teenagers, the winners of NASA's unprecedented, worldwide lottery, are about to become the first young people in space--and change their lives forever.


Mia, from Norway, hopes this will be her punk band's ticket to fame and fortune.


Midori believes it's her way out of her restrained life in Japan.


Antoine, from France, just wants to get as far away from his ex-girlfriend as possible.


It's the opportunity of a lifetime, but little do the teenagers know that something sinister is waiting for them on the desolate surface of the moon. And in the black vacuum of space... no one is coming to save them.

In this chilling adventure set in the most brutal landscape known to man, highly acclaimed Norwegian novelist Johan Harstad creates a vivid and frightening world of possibilities we can only hope never come true.

3 comments:

  1. I'm dying to read this book! I've heard great things about it and love stories which involve outer space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had this one on my shelf for a couple months and I'm kind of ashamed of myself because I haven't read it yet. It looks super creepy and I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nooo! Don't remind me that I still have so many unread books from that Atom Bloggers Party! But seriously, I really want to read this though I'm sure it'll scare me silly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.