Friday, 6 July 2012

Book Trailer Releases - The Forsaken and Seraphina

As you all know I'm a big book trailer fan and I've been sent links to a couple over the last week or so that I really wanted to share with you all, in case you haven't had a chance to watch them yet.

The first up is the trailer for Lisa M Stasse's debut YA novel, The Forsaken. I received a copy of this one last week and I'm only a few chapters in but I'm really loving it so far. It's exciting, fast-paced and definitely one that's difficult to put down.

This trailer is one of the best I've seen, hands down. I always prefer trailers where we get to see a bit of action, rather than just quotes from the book with a bit of a drippy voice-over in the background. If I hadn't heard of The Forsaken before seeing the trailer I would absolutely want to find out more. It gives you just enough information without revealing too much and I think this is really going to boost the buzz for this book (alliteration FTW).


Last (but not least) is the trailer for Seraphina by Rachel Hartman. I love the production values in this one, the actress is just a tad K-Stew for my tastes and the voice-over at the end nearly made me snort cinnamon porridge out of my nose but I do think it works. Similar to the trailer for The Forsaken, it gives us enough to make us intrigued about the story but not so much that the story is ruined, which is great.


What do you think? Which one of these is your favourite? Would either of these trailers make you want to (or not want to) pick up the book?


2 comments:

  1. Love The Forsaken trailer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say that while I love both trailers, I absolutely can't wait for Seraphina. The book world sounds incredible and well, I've always been a sucker for a good YA fantasy read! Great trailer spotlight Carly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.