Wednesday, 3 October 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The Murmurings - Carly Anne West


Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill over at Breaking the Spine and is a post detailing an upcoming book you can't wait to read.

My choice for this week is The Murmurings by Carly Anne West. It's a debut novel and, dear lord, it sounds fricking awesome. The premise is amazing (a dark, twisted thriller) and the cover is gorgeous - I seriously cannot wait.

Publication date: March 5th 2013
Published by: Simon & Schuster

Summary (from Goodreads): A teen girl starts hearing the same voices that drove her sister to commit suicide in this creepy, suspenseful novel. Everyone thinks Sophie’s sister, Nell, went crazy. After all, she heard strange voices that drove her to commit suicide. But Sophie doesn’t believe that Nell would take her own life, and she’s convinced that Nell’s doctor knows more than he’s letting on.

As Sophie starts to piece together Nell’s last days, every lead ends in a web of lies. And the deeper Sophie digs, the more danger she’s in—because now she’s hearing the same haunting whispers. Sophie’s starting to think she’s going crazy too. Or worse, that maybe she’s not...


So what about you guys? What are your picks for this week?

9 comments:

  1. Bad Carly! I now want this too. I like the sound of the voices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has the creepiest cover. But I am excited for it too! Awesome pick, Carly!

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I have to agree that this cover is super creepy!

    Christina @ Ensconced in YA
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh this sounds good! Thanks for sharing this one - I'm adding it to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard of this one before and as it isn't in my usual array of genres I probably wouldn't have so thanks for sharing it! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a little hesitant about books where the heroine may be going crazy, but this one sounds like it has an intriguing mystery at its core. Nice pick!

    If you'd like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOH. A dark, twisted thriller sounds right up my street. And what a great cover.

    It's kind of lethal coming to your blog because I always end up adding too many books to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.