Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Beautiful Creatures Movie Tie-In Cover Reveal!

Hi guys,

A bit of an exciting one today! I want to share with you all the new cover for Beautiful Creatures, which ties in with the upcoming movie.

I'm not generally a fan of books being re-jacketed to fit in with film releases but, in the case of Beautiful Creatures, I really, really love the new cover. It still fits in so well with the original look of the series and it doesn't feel like it's just been knocked up in five minutes to coincide with the film - it's gorgeous, stays true to the first cover and I think it's perfect. That font is so synonymous with this series now, isn't it?


From the Penguin press release: Excitement is building for the Alcon Entertainment and Warner Bros movie, which will hit cinemas worldwide just in time for Valentine’s Day on 13th February 2013. It is directed by Richard LaGravenese (P.S. I Love You) and features an all star cast including Emma Thompson, Jeremy Irons, Viola Davies and hot young Hollywood talent Alice Englert, Alden Ehrenreich and Emmy Rossum.

Anthea Townsend, Editor, Puffin Fiction, comments: 'When Penguin first published Beautiful Creatures in 2010 we knew that Kami and Margaret's novel was something special. We look forward to the upcoming movie release with great excitement and are delighted to announce two further titles to accompany our own film tie-in edition. With the final instalment in the Twilight saga hitting UK cinemas and teens having to wait until November 2013 for Hunger Games: Catching Fire, there is a space in the market for a new YA movie adaptation phenomenon - we believe that this is Beautiful Creatures.'

If any of you haven't seen the trailer for the film yet you can check it out below. I'm actually really excited about the film; it's been a loooong time since I've read Beautiful Creatures but I did enjoy it and I think the film looks great - what a cast!


Let me know what you think of the cover and the trailer in the comments, I'd love to hear what you all think and whether or not you'll be watching the movie in February 2013. I make no secret of the fact I'm not the biggest paranormal romance fan in the world but Beautiful Creatures is one of the most in the genre that I was, and still am, a big fan of.


(Extracts in italics are from the official press release from Penguin)

7 comments:

  1. I really need to hurry up and read this! The movie trailer has inspired me to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vегy shortly this site will bе fаmous
    amіԁ all blogging usегs, ԁue to it's pleasant contenthttp://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981769820
    Look at my web-site :: Watch Glee Season 4 Episode 7 Online

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is worth everyone's attention. Where can I find out more?Debut
    Look into my web-site Wedding

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you wаnt to take much from thіs paragгаρh then you hаve to аpply these strategies to your ωon website.
    The Clone Wars Season 5 Episode 9 Free Stream
    Also visit my webpage - The Clone Wars Season 5 Episode 9 Free Stream

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the trailer for this before Breaking Dawn P2 the other day - I'm now reading Beautiful Darkness!

    The cover for this really does look gorgeous and wouldn't look right without that font :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is generally a wonderful website i should say,I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work.
    ------------------------------------------
    business essays

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am writing my UK Dissertations project and getting important points from different blogs and forums and This is my pleasure to being here on this blog..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.