Thursday, 8 November 2012

From the Review Pile: Second Chance Summer - Morgan Maston


Click the lovely graphic above to visit the brill Stepping Out of the Page



From Stepping Out of the Page: From the Review Pile is a meme hosted by Stepping Out of the Page every Thursday. The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you've received for review (or any book that you own and really want to read/review) but haven't yet got around to reading, in order to give the book some extra publicity.

2012 has been a busy year at Writing from the Tub in terms of review copies and a combination of focusing on my own writing and a lot of real life busy-ness has meant I haven’t been getting through new releases as quickly as I’d like. There are so many wonderful books on my shelves that I’ve been sent by publishers that are waiting to be read, so I’m looking forward to using From the Review Pile as a way to give them a bit of coverage and publicity while I’m working my way to them.


This week I want to highlight Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson. As a lover of all things contemporary I can't believe I haven't read anything by Morgan Matson yet! I love summery stories and I've read such great reviews of this one, so I can't wait to read Second Chance Summer.


Summary (from Goodreads): From the Flying Start author of Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour, a powerful novel about hope in the face of heartbreak. 

Taylor Edwards’ family might not be the closest-knit—everyone is a little too busy and overscheduled—but for the most part, they get along just fine. Then Taylor’s dad gets devastating news, and her parents decide that the family will spend one last summer all together at their old lake house in the Pocono Mountains.

Crammed into a place much smaller and more rustic than they are used to, they begin to get to know each other again. And Taylor discovers that the people she thought she had left behind haven’t actually gone anywhere. Her former best friend is still around, as is her first boyfriend…and he’s much cuter at seventeen than he was at twelve.

As the summer progresses and the Edwards become more of a family, they’re more aware than ever that they’re battling a ticking clock. Sometimes, though, there is just enough time to get a second chance—with family, with friends, and with love.

7 comments:

  1. I am appearing forward immediately in advance of conception your further situation approximately right away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an amazing book! You'll love it when you get around to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was very impressed with Roger and Amy so I can't wait to get hold of this one. And maybe make sure I've got some tissues to hand too in anticipation of a major blub-fest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CARLY DROP EVERYTHING AND READ THIS BOOK!!!! seriously I cannot believe you haven't read any Matson yet, you are going to LOVE her… seriously you've got to go and read this and Amy and Roger right now. I wont be able to rest til you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, this really does look like an amazing book, definitely something that I'd enjoy - I really want to read something by this author. Great choice and I hope you enjoy it once you get around to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the auspicious write-up. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you! However, how could we communicate? Look into my page writing service

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great information thanks for sharing this with us.In fact in all posts of this blog their is something to learn . your work is very good and i appreciate your work and hopping for some more informative posts . Again thanks.
    inspiting writing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.