Monday, 17 December 2012

Twelve Days of Christmas - Eight Most Surprising Reads of 2012

So in the lead up to Christmas I'm running my annual Twelve Days of Christmas feature, where I post about my favourite books, covers and characters of 2012, as well as books I can't wait for in 2013. In today's post I'm going to be talking about eight books that surprised me (for a variety of reasons) in 2012.

Arabesque - Colin Mulhern (The ending of this one completely shocked me!)



Zom-B - Darren Shan (It goes without saying that this one has two crazy twists)


Changeling - Philippa Gregory (I haven't read much historical fiction in the past but I absolutely loved Changeling)


Room - Emma Donoghue (When I started Room I thought I knew exactly what was going to happen in the story but I definitely had it completely wrong)


Debutantes - Cora Harrison (I thought I was going to love this one...sadly I was disappointed)



Fracture - Megan Miranda (I wasn't too sure how much I would enjoy Fracture but I really loved it)


The Hunt - Andrew Fukuda (Like with Fracture, I wasn't sure exactly how much I would enjoy The Hunt but it was one of my favourite reads of the year)


Why We Broke Up - Daniel Handler (Like with Debutantes, I thought I was going to love this one but it didn't work for me)


*

Have you read any of these ones? What did you think?

3 comments:

  1. It's a shame Why We Broke Up didn't do it for you. It's one of my favourites this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I love historical fiction but thought Changeling fell short a little - still a good book though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Fracture and The Hunt! I have Arabesque - looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.