Sunday, 20 January 2013

January Reading List: Update

So, as we're a little over halfway through the month I thought I'd stop and take a look at the reading list I set myself in December and see how I'm doing. At the beginning of the month I was doing really well and was well on the way to completing my list but things have started to slow off a bit now, so I need to get things back under control and get reading!

I did have to take some time off of reading as much to get as much of the next draft of my book done, so I could send it off to my reading group on time. I've done that and I haven't got too much to do for the rest of January so I really want to concentrate on reading as many brilliant January releases as possible.

The books I've managed to read off of the list so far are:


Splintered - A.G. Howard
Broken - A.E. Rought
The Prey - Andrew Fukuda

I also read Zom-B Underground and am now half way through The Last Minute, which is a great new release I received from Random House a few days ago. It's deviating from my list but it just looked SO good I couldn't wait - and it's great, so definitely go and look it up, people.

The books I want to read before January is out are:

Just One Day - Gayle Forman
The Tragedy Paper - Elizabeth LaBan
Teeth - Hannah Moskowitz

The only book from the list I'm definitely not going to be able to read is The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd; I had pre-ordered it from The Book Depository but unfortunately they're not going to get stock in for two to four weeks so that one's a no go. I did read the first few chapters of Just One Day and really loved it, so as soon as I'm done with The Last Minute I'll be picking that one back up.

If I can finish my list then I'll have read eight books in January, which I'll be really pleased with. I think I can do it; I just need to get a wiggle on and not get distracted by shiny new review copies I get sent! Which books do you guys want to read for the rest of January?

In other news, last month I started a new blog called Life from the Tub, which focuses on beauty and lifestyle and random bits and bobs that don't fit in here at Writing from the Tub. I'd love it if you could stop by and check it out; so if you have a minute you can take a look here.



One last thing! I have been very much enjoying the snow, as has Bertie:




2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...your dog is so cute! And I can't wait to read ONE MORE DAY too! It's on my pile of TBR books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bertie is so adorable. Every time I see a picture of him I think to myself 'awww, I want a dog'

    Just One Day was really good. I have The Tragedy Paper on my pile to read this month too. And The Last Minute sounds like something I'd really enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.