Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Cover Reveal: The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater

So yesterday Maggie Stiefvater revealed both the title and cover for the second installment in the Raven Boys series. Oooooh, I hear you say. Oooooh, indeed. I haven't actually read The Raven Boys yet (I know, I know) but I'll make sure I get to it before book two comes out this September. Is that the UK release date as well as the US? Anybody know?

Anyway, let me know what you think of the cover. I like it... I think. I like the ravens but I'm not a fan of the shadowing on the author name and I'm not sure this is one I'd pick up in a bookshop. Actually, I know it's not one I'd pick up BUT we all know how many times I've swooned over a cover and really disliked the story inside (*cough* Halo *cough*).

Meh, I might not be the biggest fan in the world of the cover but Maggie Stiefvater is one of those authors whose books I'll preorder whatever the cover is like, whatever the story is. I trust her as a writer and, although I haven't read all of her books, she's never let me down yet.



P.S. Sorry I've been MIA on here, on Twitter and, as always, terrible at responding to my emails. I was away from Friday until Sunday night on my writing retreat (which was AMAZING but I'll do a separate post about that) and I've pretty much been writing ever since. Normal service resumes from now, though! Well, maybe not with the emails... I wouldn't be me if I wasn't woefully behind with them.

5 comments:

  1. Hmm, I love the title, but I'm the same as you about the cover. I think it would be much better with the purple bit. I think...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must agree with you: I'm not a huge fan of this cover. I was a little worried about the title before it was revealed but am really pleased with it. I'm already wondering what will happen in the novel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I don't like it. In fact I think its awful. What on earth have they done to the guy? He looks badly photoshopped and kind of like some weirdly squished, flat demon. Actually, the more I look at it, the more I find it badly designed. The title is readable but it's made difficult by the lines and the way it has to change from white to black just to stand out from the figure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the title and like you I really need to read the first in the series / actually read a book by Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the cover goes well with the cover of the first book, but I don't know that I'd pick this one up in a shop on the cover alone. Name recognition probably helps with that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.