Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Daughter of Smoke and Bone Movie News!

So, along with the rest of the YA community, I was pretty darn excited to discover that Daughter of Smoke and Bone is being adapted for the big screen. Yesss! DoSaB is one of my favourite reads from the past couple of years and I know it could be an absolutely cracking film, as long as it's handled well.

Stuart Beattie has just been confirmed to write the script and I think it's definitely a good sign! He worked on Collateral and 30 Days of Night and I'm a huge fan of both films; I think the darkness in his work will lend itself really well to the adaptation, so fingers crossed!

Joe Roth has already signed on to produce the film and with Snow White and the Huntsman and Oz The Great and Powerful already under his belt I definitely have high hopes for the Daughter of Smoke and Bone movie. Plus, if Laini Taylor's confident then that's good enough for me.

For more information about the movie there are further details here, at The Hollywood Reporter.

What do you guys reckon? Are you excited about the movie? Who would you like to play the lead roles?


5 comments:

  1. I read Daughter of Smoke and Bone a few weeks ago and loved it so I'm really looking forward to the movie. I hope the casting is right though because this novel is very much character driven. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I think the movie of that book will be amazing! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the books, so I'll hate the movies for sure

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant decide who I could see as Karou, but Tyler Hoechlin definitely works for me as Akiva. He's got that outrageous bod, the strange and pale eyes, and the cut features. hes handsome without being effeminate, and so very very male. I hope they go that route...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pale eyes? Have you even read the book? Akiva has fire in his eyes, which from my understanding is far from pale...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.