Sunday, 14 April 2013

What Shall I Read? Help!

So, folks, I really need your help!

I've been in a big reading slump lately and I can't seem to break out of it. I've been reading brilliant manuscripts written by my pals but every time I pick up a review copy I can't get into it. Arghhh. I'm really in the mood to lose myself in something and that's why I need your help.

I've put together a little stack of books I've been sent lately so please, please let me know which one you think I should read next. Help meee get out of this slump!

Hunger - Melvin Burgess // The Hit - Melvin Burgess // Mila 2.0 - Debra Driza // Soul Shadows - Alex Woolf // Angelfall - Susan Ee


So, what's your pick?

10 comments:

  1. hmm... tricky. I have read none of these so am going by titles alone and if they grab me. And that's HUNGER or ANGELFALL. Not sure if that helps ya...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read The Hit a week or two ago and really enjoyed it and think you will too so I'd definitely give that a go if I were you.
    All of the others look really good and I'm keen to read Angelfall because I've heard great things about it.

    Hope you enjoy the book you choose, Carly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any of them but I'm really looking forward to The Hit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of those but I've heard great things about Angelfall. I'm planning on reading Mila 2.0 soon, I read the short story prequel this week & even though it is very short (about 15 pages I think) it was fab! (The prequel is called Origins: The Fire & was free on Amazon last time I looked just in case you want to start with that)

    Good luck getting out of your slump :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's too bad, I hate reading slumps, so I hope it will be over soon.

    I haven't read any of these, but I say go with Angelfall, because I've heard again & again that it's amazing!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a little late to the party here and I haven't read any of them but I've read really great things about The Hit and Angelfall sounds incredible!

    Whatever you pick I hope you find something perfect for you soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angelfall all the way. I completed it in one night. Yup, that's right. I started reading and couldn't stop until the last page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mila 2.0 is really good, a heart-in-your-throat action type thing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have four out of the five on your pile on my own pile. Unread. So I'm absolutely no help to you whatsoever. But I'd be leaning towards one of the two Melvin Burgess books. Good luck! I've been in a dire reading/blogging slump for about a month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.