Thursday, 11 July 2013

The Killing Woods: The Ultimate Reading Slump Cure!

Reading slumps - every book lover's worst nightmare.

I've read a few brilliant books over the last few weeks, and while this can't ever be a bad thing, it does mean I've struggled to get inspired by a lot of the books I've picked up since. There are a few I've tried to get into but I can't find myself getting pulled into the story, no matter how hard I try or how well the book is written.

It started to get me a bit fed up after a while, as with the beautiful weather I've wanted nothing more than to sit in the garden with my head buried in a book but nothing seemed quite right.

That was until I opened my post on Monday afternoon and found this:

 

Cue Hallelujah Chorus.

I've been waiting for The Killing Woods with bated breath for months now but as the release date isn't until October I anticipated a much longer wait before I could devour the story. Lucky me!

So, sometimes, I think it just takes the right book to pull you out of a funk. I'm about half way through The Killing Woods now, have read every word while relaxing in the garden and think it's absolutely fantastic. I'm 100% gripped and involved in the story and it's exactly what I needed.

Phew. Take that, reading slump!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for getting out of your reading slump! I got this ARC the other day too but hadn't actually heard anything about it but now hearing that it's really hooking is making me want to read it STRAIGHT away. Thanks for sharing this with us! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.