Monday, 25 November 2013

End of 2013 Reading List

This is a really weird statement to type: There are only five weeks left of 2013. SAY WHAT?

It's flown by, hasn't it? I know everybody's saying the same thing but it really is strange to think in such a short space of time we'll be heading into 2014. Golly gee.

So, it's a month today until Christmas, which means the nights are going to get even longer and the weather colder so it's the perfect opportunity to hibernate with a nice stack of books for the next few weeks. Well, that's my plan anyway. Reading and eating is the basic gist.

I've had a rifle through my shelves and pulled out a few books I've been meaning to read for ages and ages but, as is always the case, haven't got round to.

So there are the books I'm hoping to read before the end of 2013:

Weirdos vs. Quimboids - Natasha Desborough

Days of Blood and Starlight - Laini Taylor

Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn

Let It Snow - John Green/Maureen Johnson/Lauren Myracle

She Is Not Invisible - Marcus Sedgwick
Have you read any of my picks? What did you think? Have you got yourself a reading list planned for the end of 2013?

3 comments:

  1. Days of Blood and Starlight is GORGEOUS and Let It Snow is adorable. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read Let It Snow already so that will be a nice, Christmassy reread for me! I have She Is not Invisible on my list that I really want to read before the end of the year as well as Tinder by Sally Gardner, If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch and Every Day by David Levithan.... amongst many more. But I need to keep my pile small because I haven't been doing very much reading lately.

    Are you doing your 12 days of Christmas again? That always looks like such fun and I always mean to join you in doing it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weirdos vs. Quimboids sounds like so much fun and I really aught to get started on Days of Blood and Starlight - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.