Tuesday, 31 December 2013

2014 Blogging Resolutions

As the big night approaches us I (along with the rest of the blogging world!) want to share my blogging resolutions for 2014 with you guys. I'm not picking quantitative resolutions as it always feels like that's setting yourself up for failure. Instead, I just want to pick a few things I'd like to work on for myself and to make the blogging experience more enjoyable and less stressful next year.

http://itsallplay.tumblr.com/post/25566091814

1. Worry Less

This is the big one and something I'm applying to my whole life, not just book blogging. I'm a terrible worrier and if I spent half as much time being productive as I do worrying about things I'd get so much more done.

I need to stop worrying about where everybody else is, what everybody else is doing and what everybody else thinks of me. It doesn't matter.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/225461525068995329/

2. Use Social Media More

My boyfriend has worked on a new website for me and a new look for my blogs (which will be fully live tomorrow!) so to go with my new look Internet presence I want to use social media a lot more than I currently do.

I want to use Twitter to interact more with authors and other bloggers and keep my new Facebook page (which is here if anybody would like to stop by and give me a like!) up to date with all of my new posts.

http://ideasviajando.tumblr.com/post/67104994059

3. Spend More Time Visiting Other Blogs

This is one I always promise myself I'll do but never seem to stick to! I love reading blogs, I spend so much time doing it but I never get round to commenting and chatting with bloggers about their posts. I always seem to talk to my blogging pals about other things, so this year I want to expand my list of blogs I visit and take the time to comment.

http://ilaurens.tumblr.com/post/57710261159/fourth-of-july-by-alana-steinberg

4. Film More Videos

Yes! I'm excited about this one! I joined the Bookish Brits earlier this year and I've really enjoyed making videos for our Youtube channel. I got a swanky new camera for my birthday so I want to use it to film more videos for both Bookish Brits and my own (soon to be live) Writing from the Tub Youtube channel.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/225461525069022933/

5. Dedicate More Time to Reading:

This is the big one... How many of us bloggers adore reading but never find enough time to read the books we're desperate to start? Far, far, far too many of us. Reading is one of my favourite hobbies, obviously, but it always seems to be something I do when I've finished everything else on my to-do list. Well, I want that to change and I want to make reading a bigger priority for me.



6. Enjoy Writing:

In terms of writing my only resolution is to chill out and enjoy it. It's such a fun thing but I find myself getting too bogged down with pressure I put on myself to write quickly, or finish a book as soon as possible, or get ready to look for an agent is. The truth is I know I'm not quite at that stage yet, so I just want to relax and enjoy the book I'm writing without rushing myself through it.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/225461525069016230/

So, what are your resolutions for 2014? Let me know!

6 comments:

  1. Ooh! A Writing from the Tub vlog channel sounds fab, good luck with it and I'm so with you on the reading more one!

    Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like some great resolutions to me, definitely with you on the worrying less one! I'm an awful worrier too!
    Happy New Year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Approves of number six like WOAH* <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. All wonderful goals, good luck to you for all of these! I love the more reading, more commenting and more vlogging ones in particular! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All amazing goals. Good luck to you for all of them. In particular, I like that you'll be reading more, commenting more and vlogging more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great article. I like your blogs and maintained well. Keep it Up :)

    college paper writing service reviews

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.