Monday, 20 January 2014

The 'One Day' Book Tag

A few posts ago I said I wanted to start doing more tags. Well, I decided to make my own!
This tag focuses on books you're going to read when you finally have time, series that have been stuck on your shelf forever and authors that you've been dying to try out for years.
This tag is dedicated to all of the books you're going to read 'one day'.

1. Which book has been on your TBR for the longest?

The Hate List - Jennifer Brown. Four years and counting!
2. Name an author you've been wanting to read for ages now?

John Green! Can you believe all I've read so far is a short story?
3. Tell me a series you're determined to finish but need to play catch up with?

The Drake Chronicles - Alyxandra Harvey. I'm on book...five, I think.
4. Let's go one better - tell me a full series you want to read but haven't started yet?

Even though I'm not a huge vampire fan I want to try the Vampire Academy books soon as I haven't read a single bad review of them.
5. What are five books published over a year ago that you want to read this year?

Jessie Hearts NYC - Keris Stainton
This is Not a Test - Courtney Summers
Shut Out - Kody Keplinger
Beauty Queens - Libba Bray
Reunited - Hilary Graham
6. Which book have you been wanting to reread but haven't got the chance?

The Knife of Never Letting Go - really I want to reread the whole series!
7. To finish, give me one book to film adaptation you missed in the cinema but want to catch on DVD?

Catching Fire, definitely. Sooo annoyed I missed this one in the cinema.
I tag allllll of you to complete this one and I'm going to use my answers to form part of my TBR for this year. 2014 is going to be the year of tidying up my shelves and finally getting to those 'one day' books!

If you want to take part in this tag I've made a little button above that you can use and if you could possibly link it back to this post (http://carlybenett.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-one-day-book-tag.html) I'd be super grateful!

6 comments:

  1. I have sooooo many books that would fit into this category! I'm going to have to join you & take part so watch out for a post from me in the next couple of days :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to comment on your choices! I haven't read anything by John Green yet either - must do something about that this year! Also I can't wait to see what you think of the Vampire Academy series - it's one of my favourites :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, definitely doing this, I have a good few books on my TBR that have sat there for months and months :) Also, agree with the Vampire Academy, I really want to read that series

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun tag, Carly! Hope you get around to This Is Not A Test and Shut Out soon, I love Courtney Summers and Kody Keplinger very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this tag! I have so many books that are collecting dust, including The Knife of Never Letting Go and The Hate List.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've joined in :) http://caroleheidi.com/2014/01/22/the-one-day-book-tag/

    My TBR list is longer than my arm ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.