Friday, 23 May 2014

Top Reads of 2014 (So Far...)

So, we're heading towards June (omg, I know right?) so I thought I'd do a little round up of my favourite books I've read so far in 2014. I've had a really great year for reading and I've found myself loving most of the books I've tried, which is always a nice feeling! I've got a huge wishlist for the second half of 2014 so I'm really excited to get cracking on this.

Anyway, my top six books of the first half(ish) of 2014 are:


Trouble - Non Pratt
A Kiss in the Dark - Cat Clarke
Dorothy Must Die - Danielle Paige
The Trap - Andrew Fukuda
Midnight Crossroad - Charlaine Harris

You can click on each book title to go to my review, if you fancy having a read.

So what are your favourite reads of 2014, so far? And have you read any of my picks? If so, what did you think

5 comments:

  1. I hadn't even thought but yes, jeez. We are approaching the midpoint to 2014. What a scary thought. The Worst Girlfriend in the World, Trouble and A Kiss in the Dark would definitely make my list of favourites so far... but no idea what I'd add to that list. Hoping to read Dorothy Must Die on my plane journey soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't expect to see Midnight Crossroads on your list. Charlaine Harris is such a hit and miss for me. But I'll definitely try A Kiss in the Dark.

    Samina
    Escapism from Reality

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of these I've only read Trouble (and it's def in my top 6 so far) but I'm dying to read A Kiss In The Dark, Dorothy Must Die and The Worst Girlfriend in the World!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe we've already had so many months behind us in 2014. Great books, I will put the ones I haven't read on my wish list straight away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still haven't read any of these, hopefully I'll get to them soon, but I'm glad you enjoyed them, and I'm had you're having a great reading year :) As for my fav reads so far, I did love Stiltskin by Andrew Buckley, and Daughter of Smoke and Bone, and some others, though only Stiltskin has blown me away so far. There have been lots of great reads, though not of the mind-blowing kind. Also, I'm reading Patrick Ness's More Than This, so it might be one of those ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.