Monday, 30 June 2014

Messenger of Fear Cover Reveal!

Hiii everyone! How are you all feeling on this delightful morning? YALC Readathon hangovers? Yeah, I thought so.

Today I'm lucky enough to be able to share the amazing cover for Michael Grant's upcoming Messenger of Fear with you all - it's been exclusively revealed RIGHT THIS SECOND and I've been desperate to share it since it arrived in my inbox because it's incredible! Michael Grant always has the most awesome covers but I think Messenger of Fear is the best yet.

Hot damn, I cannot blinking wait for this book - it's going to be awesome!

So, here's the cover itself and underneath is a brilliant video of Michael Grant revealing the cover to the world...




I also had my burning question answered by Michael, which you can read all about below:

I asked: 'Some writers relate take great inspiration from music while they’re writing. Do you listen to music while you’re writing? If so, what artists/bands do you like to listen to while you write?'
“Listen to music often while writing first drafts. Mostly I use music as a tool to occupy part of my brain and to provide energy, a sort of kinetic boost. So, I just looked on my iPhone for my Top 10 most-played:  
1) Into Action by Tim Armstrong
2) Israelites, by Desmond Dekker
3) I don’t Wanna Grow Up, Ramones.
4) For You, Lars Frederiksen
5) East Bay Nights, Rancid.
6) Gimme Shelter, Rolling Stones
7) Blitzkrieg Bop, Ramones
8) Come Join U, Bad Religion.
9) Roots Radicals, Rancid
10) Pressure Drop, Toots and the Maytalls
Of course that list changes, but it tends to be punk and reggae with some blues.”
The Ramones, Bad Religion and Rancid? Pretty incredible line-up right there!
I just want to say a huge thank you to Michael Grant and the lovely folk over at Electric Monkey for letting me take part in this cover reveal. Now, how to pass the time until the book comes out...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for putting it out there. -- Michael Grant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, that is a gorgeous cover! And an intriguing one, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.