Monday, 7 July 2014

YALC Readathon - Wrap-Up!

So, the YALC Readathon is done and dusted and I think I've finally caught up on the sleep I missed...

I'm really pleased that I hit my target of reading ten books throughout the week, even though I didn't feel like I was going to make it at some points. Let me tell you, ten books in seven days is a *lot* of reading and by the Sunday night my brain was aching from too many words. Still, it was a great achievement and such a fun week!

The books I ended up reading were:

Half Bad - Sally Green
Heart-Shaped Bruise - Tanya Byrne
Dead Romantic - CJ Skuse
Echo Boy - Matt Haig
Zom-B Mission - Darren Shan
Eleanor & Park - Rainbow Rowell
Picture Me Gone - Meg Rosoff
Maggot Moon - Sally Gardner
Say Her Name - James Dawson
Follow Me Down - Tanya Byrne

I really enjoyed most of the books and there was only one that was a bit of a dud, but the odds did suggest at least one of the books wasn't going to hit the mark for me. Hey ho, you win some, you lose some.

Either I picked really well or 2013/2014 is a reallllly strong time for books, because the majority of my picks were so great it's hard to narrow it down to a favourite. If I had to pick a shortlist I'd go for Half Bad, Maggot Moon and Eleanor & Park as my three favourites.

So, how did you find the readathon and which books were your favourite reads of the week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.