Wednesday, 17 September 2014

10 Books on my Autumn Reading List

So, autumn is almost upon us! I'm wholly ready for summer to bow out and let the falling leaves, hot chocolates and blustery afternoons commence. In case you couldn't tell, I'm a big fan of the upcoming season.

I always find a read a lot more in autumn than I do in summer. There's something about the chilly, dark evenings that sends me diving underneath my duvet to lose myself in a brilliant book. So, to celebrate the impending arrival of autumn here are ten of the books on my autumn reading list:


1. The 5th Wave - Rick Yancey

I've had this on my wishlist for ages and after receiving a review copy a couple of days ago I'm finally going to see what all the fuss is about!

2. Age of Iron - Angus Watson

I'm reading this one for a blog tour and, although it's outside of my usual type of book, I'm still hopeful.

3. Belzhar - Meg Wolitzer

Slightly put off by the OTT 'OMG JOHN GREEN'S EDITOR PUBLISHED THIS!' marketing but the story sounds interesting and I can't turn down a Bell Jar comparison.


4. Killing Sound - Paul Southern

Another blog tour read. I'm always going to be excited by a horror and this has got an awesome premise.

5. Afterworlds - Scott Westerfeld

I've seen some great reviews for this and it has a really interesting storyline. It's quite chunky but should be good.

6. The Castle - Sophia Bennett

I started this over the summer when my copy first arrived but ended up putting it down during a giant bookshelf reorganisation period. I really loved the beginning so I'm excited to get back to the story.


7. The Iron Trial - Holly Black and Cassandra Clare

*Meh face* At this point I'm reading this purely out of duty and because I'm curious to find out what this twist is that everybody keeps talking about. I'm about a third of the way through and it's really not doing it for me...but I'm hoping that returning to it after a break might help.

8. Popular - Maya Van Wagenen

This sounds like a fun read that I probably should have read over the summer but will hopefully inject a little bit of sunshine into dreary autumn days.

9. Noggin - John Corey Whaley

I took part in the blog tour for Noggin and the author's playlist for the book has convinced me that I definitely need to bump it up my to read list and get to it.

10. Annihilation - Jeff Vandermeer

I bought this on a whim because it was free on the Kindle store and it was billed as Lost meets...something. I don't know, as soon as I saw the Lost comparison I'd already downloaded it.

*

So there you have it, ten books I'm hoping to read this season. Are any of these books on your list? What are you hoping to read over the coming weeks?

2 comments:

  1. The Fifth Wave sound really cool but unfortunately I haven't gotten around to reading it yet either. Reading has been pretty slow for me this month; I'm hoping to finish The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte, reread Night by Elie Weisel, and get to Cress by Marissa Meyer. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ignore all of the JG fuss and go in blind - it's amazing. Afterworlds is brilliant too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.