Friday, 19 September 2014

The Taylor Swift Book Tag

I’m a big Taylor Swift fan so I was all over this tag the second I saw it. It was created over at The Book Life so do click on the link to have a watch of the original video.

Now, whack your favourite T-Swift album on in the background and see what my picks are.


1. We are never getting back together: a book or series you were pretty sure you were in love with but then wanted to break up with

Killer Instinct by S E Green. I *loved* the beginning of this one and thought the premise was great but, eesh, that ending…

2. Red: pick a book with a red cover

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins which is, of course, book two in the Hunger Games trilogy.

3. The best day: pick a book that makes you feel nostalgic

Pretty much anything by Enid Blyton but particularly the St Clare’s books

4. Love Story: pick a book with a forbidden love

So many to choose from but Daughter of Smoke and Bone is the best around


5. I knew you were trouble: pick a book with a bad character you couldn’t help but love

Anything by Paige Harbison (nobody writes a loveable bitch like she does) but Here Lies Bridget is my favourite

6. Innocent: pick a book that someone ruined the ending of

I think I speak for a big chunk of the internet when I say Allegiant by Veronica Roth

7. Everything has changed: pick a book that has a character who goes through extensive character development

Being Billy by Phil Earle. If you haven’t read it yet do pick it up, because it’s gorgeous

8. Forever and always: pick your favourite book couple

No surprises here: Edie and Dylan from the Diary of a Crush books by the incomparable Sarra Manning


9. You belong with me: most anticipated book release

Right now, I don’t really have one but of all time it’d be Butter by Erin Jade Lange

10. Come back, be here: pick a book you wouldn’t lend out to anyone for fear of missing it too much

The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. All time number one, forever and always!

11. Tear drops on my guitar: a book that made you cry a lot

Quite a few to choose from, as I’m a serial crier, but it’s got to be Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (closely followed by HP and the Deathly Hallows and The Knife of Never Letting Go)

12. Shake it off: a book that you love so much you just shake off the haters

Choker by Elizabeth Woods! I loved this one but everybody else seemed to hate it. Hey ho, that’s the way to cookie crumbles sometimes.

*

What books would be on your list? If you decide to do this tag let me know! And now, excuse me while I go and jump around to Shake It Off to celebrate the impending weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ha, yes! I remember yours was pretty much the only other positive review I found at the time! :) x

      Delete
  2. Why, yes, I did totally steal this for my blog. Books AND Taylor Swift? That's too good to pass up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a fun post to read! Going to do this myself at some point :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you kindly for the comment, you sweet thing.